Originally developed as a joint effort between Lamborghini and Callaway Golf Company, the forged carbon fiber process can produce complex shapes one-third the weight of titanium, yet stronger. Partnering with manufacturing company McVick, Black Collar Arms is excited to bring the world of forged carbon fiber components to a firearm near you.
Our Forged Carbon Fiber Cantilever Scope Mounts are available in 30mm and 34mm ring sizes. Despite weighing in at a scant 3.99 ounces, these forged carbon fiber scope mounts are as stiff and rigid as if they were machined from steel (three times stiffer than aluminum!) with just 1/6th the thermal expansion of aluminum.
• Top of Picatinny rail to centerline of optic is 1.54 inches, for both 30mm and 34mm ring diameters.
• Top of Picatinny rail to bottom of scope tube is 0.95 inches.
• Mount height is standard for AR-15 and many other carbines and rifles
Made in Oklahoma by McVick. A line of forged carbon fiber parts designed by both companies and made by McVick is in the works!
Scroll down for installation instructions plus torture test videos showing just how insanely strong these mounts are.
• Click HERE for full PDF installation instructions including torque specs and tightening order
• Titanium bolts should be clean and dry. Ensure washers are in place.
• With mount slotted onto Picatinny rail, slide mount forwards (toward the muzzle) until its lugs are pressed against the front of rail slots (there may or may not be any wiggle room depending on your rail)
• Hand tighten base bolts, then with a T25 Torx bit starting with the center bolt, followed by the front, followed by the rear, tighten each bolt 1/4 turn at a time to 25 inch-pounds
• Hand tighten scope ring screws, then with a T15 Torx bit tighten in crisscross pattern 1/4 turn at a time to 15 inch-pounds of torque
There are no reviews yet.