Originally developed as a joint effort between Lamborghini and Callaway Golf Company, the forged carbon fiber process can produce complex shapes one-third the weight of titanium, yet stronger. Partnering with manufacturing company McVick, Black Collar Arms is excited to bring the world of forged carbon fiber components to a firearm near you.
Available first are Forged Carbon Fiber One-Piece Scope Mounts in 30mm and 34mm ring sizes. Despite weighing in at a scant 5.2 ounces, these forged carbon fiber scope mounts are as stiff and rigid as if they were machined from steel (three times stiffer than aluminum!) with just 1/6th the thermal expansion of aluminum.
• Top of Picatinny rail to centerline of optic is 30mm, for both 30mm and 34mm ring diameters.
• Top of Picatinny rail to bottom of scope tube is 15mm for 30mm rings and 13mm for 34mm rings.
• This is tall enough to just clear some (but not all!) 50mm objective lens scopes on a full-length rail. If you’re running larger than a 45mm objective we’d recommend measuring your height-over-rail requirements with your scope on your firearm to ensure appropriate clearance given the dimensions above.
Made in Oklahoma by McVick. A line of forged carbon fiber parts designed by both companies and made by McVick is in the works!
Scroll down for installation instructions plus torture test videos showing just how insanely strong these mounts are.
• With base slotted onto Picatinny rail, slide base forwards (toward the muzzle) until its lugs are pressed against the front of rail slots (there may or may not be any wiggle room depending on your rail)
• Hand tighten base bolts and nuts, then with 1/8″ hex key for bolts and 3/16″ hex key for nuts alternate bolts while tightening 1/4 turn at a time to 25 inch-pounds
• Hand tighten scope ring screws, then with 9/64″ hex key tighten in crisscross pattern 1/4 turn at a time to 15 to 17 inch-pounds of torque
There are no reviews yet.